Thu, Dec 17|
GK USA & The Filipino Food Movement present
Give the Perfect Gift This Holiday Season (1)
Patikim -- which means "to taste" -- is a curated collection of some of the best Filipino food products that you can share with your loved ones this holiday season. Proceeds from sales will go to benefit our Be a Hunger Warrior campaign and help support local chefs working with The Filipino Food
Time & Location
Dec 17, 2020, 12:00 AM – 4:00 AM
GK USA & The Filipino Food Movement present
About the Event
Food is a central part of traditional Filipino gatherings, and it showcases the wonderful flavors as well as the hospitality of the nation, as hosts put a lot of care into crafting the dishes and the meals.With the holidays upon us, we understand that gatherings may look very different this year and many will be apart. Many also still suffer from hunger -- children in particular.That's why this collaboration with the Filipino Food Movement means so much to so many.
Gawad Kalinga USA has partnered with The Filipino Food Movement to introduce Patikim -- which means "to taste" -- is a curated collection of some of the best Filipino food products that you can share with your loved ones this holiday season, to raise funds to benefit hungry children in the Philippines as well as to support local chefs struggling in the United States during the pandemic.
Each purchase of a Gold, SIlver or Pearl gift box does ALL of the following:
- Gifts some of the wonderful food and flavors native to Philippine traditions to be shared and enjoyed;
- Supports local chefs who have had to close down their restaurants due to this pandemic, but have continued to support the frontliners and feed those who are out of work in their state; AND
- A portion of the proceeds from each box will go towards feeding a hungry child through the #BeAHungerWarrior campaign.
It is truly the gift that keeps giving. Check out some of the items that are included in the different boxes:
- Filipino Styled Peanuts: Filipino Styled Peanuts is an artisanal product made by a female-owned small business in Washington State using family techniques passed down from generations of Cebuanas.
- Antonik's Chili Oil: A hot, numbing, and savory chili oil that goes great on dim sum, noodles, eggs, rice, and more! On hundred percent vegan, gluten-, MSG-, and preservative-free.
- Oodaalolly Chocolate: Oodaalolly focuses on direct trade with co-op farmers specializing in rare cacao varietals. Those beans are combined with time-honored family recipes and Swiss techniques.
- The Sarap Shop Sauces: The Sarap Shop is a San Francisco, family-owned business specializing in plant-forward treat meals, inspired by the people and places we love. Find their signature sauces online, packaged with recipes and artwork by BIPOC creatives.
- Mama Sita’s Heirloom Rice Champorado - Balatinaw: Grown in Bauko, Mountain Province, Balatinaw is one of the most visually striking rice varieties in the Philippines with its deep purple color flecked with brown. Pure tablea cacao included.
- Kape (Coffee): Kapé is a social enterprise supporting indigenous Filipina coffee farmers. Founded by a Filipina-Canadian immigrant, Kapé hopes to connect cultures and positively contribute to the conversation on the Filipino diaspora, heritage, and identity.
- X-Roads Ilocano Asin: Ilocano asin is a moist, naturally white sea salt from the pure seawaters of Pangasinan. Wonderfully bright, clean, crisp flavors powered by underlying minerals define this complex and well-balanced sea salt. Use for grilling, roasting and finishing to boost all foods from sweet to savory.
- Muscovado Sugar: Muscovado is unrefined cane sugar that contains natural molasses. It has a rich brown color, moist texture, and toffee-like taste. It’s commonly used to give confections like cookies, cakes, and candies a deeper flavor but can also be added to savory dishes.
- McCormick Ube Pancake Mix: Treat yourself to an irresistible serving of ube pancakes. Combined with water, eggs and butter, this gluten-free mix of rice flour and ube creates a sweet breakfast treat the entire family will enjoy.
- Roni B's Kalamansi Marmalade: A unique jam that blends kalamansi, Philippine lime or also known as calamondin, with a splash of Don Papa rum for a delicious citrus marmalade with vanilla notes. Using only the finest ingredients, it is vegan-friendly with no artificial flavourings, colourings or preservatives.
To learn more about the Filipino Food Movement, please visit http://www.filipinofoodmovement.org/.
To view available gift boxes and learn more about Patikim, go to: http://www.filipinofoodmovement.org/?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=f4c836c9-8b0b-4b97-be10-458ea4a531a9